“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Each of us have been in a place in our lives in which we have received comfort from God and now is our opportunity to pay it forward.
- Start by praising God as the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.
- Thank Him for comforting you in all your troubles. Think about specific instances where you have felt God’s comfort and write them down so that you can look back on His love for you.
- Reflect on the idea that God comforts us not just for our own benefit, but so that we can comfort others who are going through similar troubles. How can you use your experiences to help and encourage someone who is struggling?
- Consider the ways that God has placed people in your life to comfort and support you. Take a moment to thank Him for those individuals and pray for them.
- Ask God to help you be open to receiving His comfort and to be willing to share it with others. Pray for opportunities to show His love and comfort to those around you.
- Close your devotion by praising God for His never-ending love and grace, and for His faithfulness in providing comfort in times of need.
THEREFORE ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER AND BUILD EACH OTHER UP, JUST AS IN FACT YOU ARE DOING.