‘Cuz You Gotta Have Faith’
Many of us think of “faith” means believing that God exists even though we can’t see, feel, or touch Him. Although this is true, have you put your faith to the test lately? If not, here are some questions to test your faith.
- Are you invested in the right things? Something mysterious happens to us when we find something in which to believe. When we discover some task, some project, some idea that has captured our imaginations, we give ourselves over to it wholeheartedly. We become dedicated to its fulfillment. This also happens when we have faith in God. We become invested in Him, and this faith becomes the core of everything we do and say.
- Do you care about others? It’s normal to ask the question, “What’s in it for me?” We wonder how our actions will ultimately benefit us immediately and down the road. Yet God asks us not to be “me-centric,” and instead focus our efforts toward caring for others. Are you developing “God-Worthy” relationships with others?
- Do you walk the talk? It’s never enough to say you have faith. You must prove it. Pastor Rick Warren said it this way, “When God evaluates your faithfulness, he won’t be looking at your communication skills, but he will be examining how you walked before those who are outside the faith.”
- Do you spend time developing your God-Given Gifts? God has invested in your life, and he expects a return on it. 1 Peter 4:10 says, “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” God wants to work with and through you and has made sure that your gifts will allow Him to do so. Are you letting him?
- Are you paying it forward? For some, this is the most challenging question because many of us may declare we have faith in God, but we’re not telling others about it. Why? It may be we don’t want to make others uncomfortable. But let me ask you this, what is uncomfortable about telling others they are loved and wanted? What can we possibly lose by giving people hope and purpose?
I encourage you to put your faith into action today and show others that God’s hand is now and forever in your life.
NOW FAITH IS CONFIDENCE IN WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND ASSURANCE ABOUT WHAT WE DO NOT SEE.