Failed? You’re in Good Company
God created humanity to succeed. Although we, and others, seem to get in our own way… consider these examples of “failing into success…”
- Turned down by a recording company saying “We don’t like their sound and guitar music is on the way out” – The Beatles
- Told by a music teacher “as a composer he is hopeless” – Beethoven
- Told that “he couldn’t sing at all” – Enrico Caruso • Fired from a newspaper because he “lacked imagination and had no original ideas” – Walt Disney
- Jack Canfield: Rejected a total of 140 times. The book? – Chicken Soup for the Soul. It now has 65 different titles and has sold over 80 million copies all over the world.
- Thomas Edison: Told by a teacher he was “too stupid to learn anything.”
- Winston Churchill: Failed the sixth grade.
- Albert Einstein: Couldn’t speak until he was almost 4 years old and his teachers said he would “never amount to much.”
- Isaac Newton: Did poorly in school and failed at running the family farm.
- F. W. Woolworth: Was not allowed to wait on customers in the store he worked in because “he didn’t have enough sense.”
- Michael Jordan: Was cut from the high school basketball team, went home, locked himself in his room and cried.
We have all hit the brick wall of failure. We have all heard the words “You can’t” or “You’ll fail.” But remember this: you have a mighty Support System in your corner who knows what kind of metal you’re made of (He’s the one who fashioned you, after all) and He’s rooting wholeheartedly for your success. With that kind of backup, what are you afraid of? Do what the examples did above. Rise beyond your failings and make a difference in your life and in the lives of others! Place your trust in the Lord and His leading in your life to accomplish what He has placed you here to do!
WE ARE HARD PRESSED ON EVERY SIDE, BUT NOT CRUSHED; PERPLEXED, BUT NOT IN DESPAIR; PERSECUTED, BUT NOT ABANDONED; STRUCK DOWN, BUT NOT DESTROYED.