I Have Something to Tell You
If you found a great and compassionate doctor or a helpful and honest mechanic, you would probably tell your friends and family about it, right? You would want to share this radically unusual, but good news with them. Now, since you’ve found the One who forgives sin and gives new life, don’t you think that’s something radical and amazing that you ought to share too?
Who have you told about your decision to become a Christian? Do you remember what you said?
You have the best news about a life-giving and life-altering relationship.
- Matthew 10:32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.”
The great thing about sharing your story is that every time you do, it reminds you of what Jesus has done for you. And each time you share your story with someone else, especially early on, it will confirm what you did was real and transformative! It makes you appreciate all over again what Christ has done for you!
Testimony is not merely about describing something that happened in the past. It is a practice that forms your present and future identity. Boldly telling others strengthens your Christianity. Without it, you risk developing a stunted and stale faith.
So spread the best news anyone could hear and remember why you’re doing it.
What are the best ways to tell others?
- Let them know what your life was like before you met Jesus Christ.
- Express to them what it was that made you realize you needed Jesus.
- Describe what your life is like now that you are a Christian.
- Romans 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.”
Exercise: Write down the name of one person who needs to know Jesus Christ. Start praying for that person to become a Christian. Ask a Christian friend to pray with you and help you share your faith with him or her.
FOR I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL, BECAUSE IT IS THE POWER OF GOD THAT BRINGS SALVATION TO EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES: FIRST TO THE JEW, THEN TO THE GENTILE.