“So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
2 Corinthians 5:16-21
In this passage, Paul emphasizes the transformation that occurs in a person’s life when they become a follower of Christ. He describes how, through faith in Christ, we become a new creation and are reconciled to God. As a result, we are given the ministry of reconciliation and are called to be Christ’s ambassadors to the world.
Life Application: Here are some practical applications of this passage in our daily lives:
- See others through God’s eyes: We are called to regard no one from a worldly point of view, but rather to see others as God sees them. This means looking beyond their external circumstances, status, or achievements and recognizing their inherent worth as creations of God.
- Embrace the new life in Christ: As new creations in Christ, we are called to leave behind our old way of life and embrace the new life that God has given us. This means striving to live a life that reflects our faith in Christ, and to continually grow in our relationship with Him.
- Share the message of reconciliation: We have been given the ministry of reconciliation and are called to share the message of God’s love and grace with those around us. This means living out our faith in word and deed, and sharing the good news of Christ with others in a loving and compassionate way.
- Be Christ’s ambassador: As ambassadors of Christ, we are called to represent Him to the world. This means living a life that reflects His character and values, and being a witness to His love and grace in all that we do.
- Seek reconciliation with God: The message of reconciliation is not only for others, but also for ourselves. We are called to be reconciled to God through faith in Christ, and to continually seek to grow in our relationship with Him.
As we seek to live out the principles of 2 Corinthians 5:16-21 in our daily lives, let us remember that we are new creations in Christ, reconciled to God and given the ministry of reconciliation. Let us strive to see others through God’s eyes, to embrace the new life in Christ, to share the message of reconciliation with others, and to be Christ’s ambassadors to the world. And let us continually seek to be reconciled to God and grow in our relationship with Him.
FORGET THE FORMER THINGS; DO NOT DWELL ON THE PAST.