No matter what else may be going on in your life, or what you may be facing from other people, God accepts you and loves you unconditionally.
God’s love is not based on what you do, or don’t do. This is, maybe, the most important thing to remember, especially as you begin your walk with Him.
No matter where you are in your journey, whether you are on your first, faltering steps, or you’re at a full stride, God will match you, step-for-step, staying with you the entire way. He’s ready to catch you if you should stumble and He’s willing to cheer you on as you run the race. He’s your champion, your counselor, your supporter, your critic, your timeless nurturer, in short, He is your God. That will never change regardless of your feelings or actions.
Remember, God doesn’t love you any more when you are serving Him, or any less when you have disobeyed Him. God loves you unconditionally because God is the source of all love.
· 1 John 4:16 “And we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and the one who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.”
· Ephesians 2:4-5 “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.”
God loves you, chooses you, and adopts you into His family. He chose you long before you chose Him and accepted Jesus as your savior. That is the very definition of unconditional love!
· Ephesians 1:4-5 “Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.”
· 1 John 3:1a “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!”
The Bible teaches us that nothing can separate us from the love of God.
· Romans 8:38-39 “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Exercise: Write about what it means to be a part of God’s family and to be loved unconditionally.